Innovative Retail Technologies
To ensure your ad reproduces with the highest quality possible, please pay careful attention to the following requirements:
- Submit ad materials in a press-ready Adobe Acrobat PDF [Version 5.0 (1.4) or later] in CMYK color mode. Other file types can be accepted, please contact the production manager listed for details.
- Output resolution for CTP (computer to plate) is 2540.
- PICT, Paint, GIF, Quicktime, PowerPoint, Quark, or InDesign source files are not acceptable formats.
- For full-page, ad must extend .125” beyond the trim for each edge that bleeds.
- For full-page, live materials must be at least .5” from trim, or .625” from bleed edge.
- Fractional ads do not bleed.
- Any ad that requires a border must be submitted with the border included.
- If using a slug, it must be equal on all sides of the ad.
- RGB, spot, Lab, and ICC-based colors are not accepted and must be converted to process CMYK in the original document before processing for ad file output.
- Link all images.
- Image resolution must be at least 300 dpi; line art should be at least 800-1200 dpi.
- Do not save images with screen angles or transfer functions.
- Images must be positioned in boxes, with a fill of white or 0% black.
- Do all resizing, rotating, or skewing to graphics within the graphic program, not the page layout program.
- All fonts must be embedded or converted to outlines and paths.
A hard copy proof is requested for all digital ad files for print. Color lasers or faxes are accepted, but will be used for content reference only and will not accompany your ad file to the presses. If color is critical, please provide a SWOP-certified proof (with color bars, exposure scales, and crop marks) for color guidance on press. For current SWOP specifications and additional information, go to www.swop.org. Jameson Publishing cannot be held responsible for color, positioning, or accuracy of digital file output if a SWOP-certified proof has not been provided.
|Full page (trim)||8.25”||10.875”|
|Full page (bleed)||8.50”||11.125”|
|Two-page spread (trim)||16.50”||10.875” ⃰|
⃰ NOTE: We advise against crossing the gutter in two-page spread ads with either lettering or design that requires perfect alignment, as it can not be guaranteed due to mechanical variations in the printing process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is a SWOP-certified proof requested?
SWOP-certified proofs (not color lasers or PDFs) are used by our print company to monitor the colors of ads throughout the print process. The requirement is included with our digital specs, and for current SWOP specifications and additional information, go to www.swop.org. Using a SWOP-certified proof allows you to see how your file will print, and if there's any problem, you can have it corrected before submitting to us. You may choose to fax a copy and trust that the colors in the file will print to your satisfaction, but we must ask for your written acknowledgement regarding responsibility.
Does Innovative Retail Technologies have an FTP site?
Innovative Retail Technologies does provide an FTP site for uploading files. Please contact our production manager (see below) for more information.
Ad Labeling Requirements
When submitting your advertisement to us, include:
- Magazine title and issue
- Agency/vendor/advertiser name
- Production contact and phone numbers
- File name/number and list of contents
For advertisers requiring total ad production, Innovative Retail Technologies outsources the ad copy and design work to a local ad agency. Contact the production manager (see below) for more information.
For additional questions about ad requirements, contact:
Innovative Retail Technologies
(814) 897-9000, ext. 255